The ELISA immunoassays to detect and / or quantify a variety of molecules, rapid and economical manner relatively simple. Although it remains one of the reference techniques in scientific research laboratories and clinical diagnostic laboratories , the technique has certain limitations such as processing time, sensitivity or the required sample volume.
In this post we will see 3 new formats of ELISA kits that allow solving these problems and optimizing the results of your ELISA test compared to conventional tests.
1.- HIGH SENSITIVITY ELISA KITS
These are kits with optimized sensitivity that specifically detect the antigen of interest when it is found in extremely low amounts in the sample, even in cases where other proteins coexist in the same sample in high concentrations.
Advantages of high sensitivity ELISA kits over conventional ELISA kits:
- They use highly specific monoclonal antibodies against the molecule of interest, minimizing the probability of cross-reactivity and false positives.
- They can detect antigen levels in the order of pg / mL (versus ng / mL or ug / mL of conventional ELISAS).
- They use a highly sensitive substrate
- The signal amplification system is highly efficient
2.- ELISA MINI KITS
ELISA Mini kits allow the immunoassay to be carried out with smaller volumes of sample, which is why they are very useful in those cases in which it is difficult or not feasible to obtain samples in abundant quantities.
Advantages of ELISA mini kits compared to conventional ELISA kits:
- They allow to carry out the procedure using less quantity of sample
- Smaller volumes of reagents are required
3.- INSTANT ELISA KITS
These ELISA kits allow improving the efficiency of the immunoassay by reducing the experimental time in which it is carried out.
Advantages of instant ELISA kits compared to conventional ELISA kits:
- The reagents come ready to be used, without the need for prior dilutions as in the case of conventional ELISA kits.
- The time of the experiment is reduced from 4.5 to 3 hours.
- The required sample volume is as low as 50uL compared to 100uL for conventional assays.
- One step in the experimental protocol is reduced.
As you can see, these new formats of ELISA kits are designed to optimize results and facilitate development, without altering the principle or performance of conventional ELISA kits.